The Rock Paper Squeegee DIY Poster Printing Kit
Everything you need to start printing right out of the box. Simply upload your own image on the order confirmation page, and we'll send you the screen read to go along with the other essential screen printing items needed to start printing right away.
- 20x24 Pre-burned Screen (12"x16" Image Area)
- Set of Hinge Clamps (screws not included)
- 14" 70 Durometer Squeegee w/ Wood Handle
- 8 oz. jar of Black Acrylic Poster Ink
- 8 oz. jar of Red Acrylic Poster Ink
- 6" Ink Spatula With Flexible Blade
- Quart of EnviroSolv Waterbased Ink Cleaner
- Can of Premium Mist Spray Adhesive
- Roll of White Economy Screen Tape
Our 20"x24" screens have a 12"x16" Max Image Area. If a larger image is needed, please view our larger screens.
The emulsion we use on our pre-burned screens holds up extremely well to plastisol, water based, and discharge inks. Our top of the line exposure units are equipped with vacuums and single point metal halide bulbs, ensuring an extremely crisp image with maximum detail and clarity.
*Please refer to our artwork requirements
before sending us your artwork. Art files that do not meet our
requirements are subject to a $50/hr. artwork fee (we will notify you
beforehand if any artwork charges will need to be applied).
- When/Where do I upload my artwork?
After you add
your screens of choice to your cart and check out, you will be directed
to an order confirmation page with an artwork uploader. Upload your
artwork file/s to this form, put your Order # in the specified field, and add any specifications you'd like us to know about.
- How should I format my artwork?
Please refer to our artwork requirements found here.
- How large can my image be?
Our 20"x24" screens have a max "Image Area" of 12"x16". This is the total space available for your artwork to fit in to,
and should be the canvas size of the artwork you upload with your order.
- Can I fit multiple images on my screen?
Absolutely! You can place
as many images as you want in the allotted "Image Area" for your screen size. Just
keep in mind that the more images you have burned on the screen, the
more taping you will have to do and the more difficult it will be to
- Why is the image area much smaller than the screen?
The screen dimensions include the actual frame, which consists of
1.5" walls. This means an 20"x24" screen actually has a 17"x21" inner dimension. Your image should be at least 2.5" away from these inner walls of the frame to allow room for your squeegee, ink, and areas of mesh that are too taught, which brings the max printable area of an 20"x24" screen down to 12"x16". These same basic principles apply to all other screen frame sizes.
- How long will the image on my screen last?
as the screen is used and cared for properly, the burned image should
withstand thousands of prints. Use screen chemicals sparingly, keep mesh
away from sharp objects, don't scrub screen with extremely rough
- How long will it take for my kit to ship?
Orders placed before 4pm (PST) are ready to ship within 2 business days, as long as the print ready artwork is also received by 4pm.