WR-25 Water Resistant Emulsion - Quart
ProChem WR-25 is a Diazo Sensitized Photo-Emulsion with excellent water resistance, and is recommended for plastisol and water-based inks. Diazo is added normally, first by adding room temperature water, agitating, and then adding the solution to the emulsion. Allow the emulsion to stand for at least 2 hours to ensure any air bubbles introduced during mixing are released. Reclaiming is easy with any of our emulsion stencil removers, which are available in concentrate and ready to use formulas.
*Always handle photo emulsions in light safe conditions and make sure to store in a cool dry place.
Features & Benefits:
- Great for plastisol and water base inks.
- Extremely durable for long print runs.
- Outstanding resolution and edge definition with 38% solids content.
- Includes Diazo sensitizer and wood mixing paddle.
Before use, Diazo must be added and allowed to activate emulsion.
- First, add room temperature distilled water to the Diazo mixture and agitate.
- Once dissolved, add the water and Diazo solution into the emulsion and mix thoroughly.
- Allow emulsion to stand for at least 30 minutes to ensure any air bubbles are released.
*Always use the entire bottle of Diazo for the entire container of emulsion, the ratio has been specially selected for proper chemistry.
*Exposure times are approximate.
- 500 Watt Halogen - 13-15 minutes
- Unfiltered UV Black light - 5-7 Minutes
- Metal Halide - 280-340 Light Units
- To dial in your exposure time, we suggest running a Step Wedge test with our Free Exposure Calculator.
Shelf Life & Handling:
- Unopened/Unmixed: 6 months
- Opened/Mixed: Up to 6 weeks
- Always use distilled water to mix the Diazo sensitizer.
- Keep in a cool, dry place. Emulsion will break down much faster in heat.
- Keeping emulsion in a fridge can help to give a slightly extended shelf life, however, emulsion that has gotten to the point of freezing will no longer work properly and must be replaced.
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks.
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life.
- To ensure best results, date your emulsion once mixed and keep an extra container on hand once the emulsion is about to expire.
*Environmental factors such as temperature and humidity can cause emulsion to expire more quickly.
*When ordering during cold months, try to avoid shipping over the weekend to prevent product from freezing. This can be done by placing an order earlier in the week, or choosing expedited shipping that will get it in hand before the weekend.