The Bare Bones Screen Printing Kit
Everything you need to start printing right out of the box. No need to mess with that emulsion, exposure and washout nonsense. Simply upload your own image on the confirmation page, and we'll send you the screen ready to go along with the other essential screen printing items needed to start printing right away!
- 18x20 Pre-burned Screen (10"x12" Image Area)
- 12" 70 Durometer Squeegee w/ Wood Handle
- 300ml jar of Black Permaset Aqua Waterbase Ink
- Roll of White Economy Screen Tape
Our 18"x20" screens have a 10"x12" Max Image Area. If a larger image is needed, please view our larger screens.
The emulsion we use on our pre-burned screens holds up extremely well to plastisol, water based, and discharge inks. Our top of the line exposure units are equipped with vacuums and single point metal halide bulbs, ensuring an extremely crisp image with maximum detail and clarity.
*Please refer to our artwork requirements
before sending us your artwork. Art files that do not meet our
requirements are subject to a $50/hr. artwork fee (we will notify you
beforehand if any artwork charges will need to be applied).
Selecting Mesh Count
General Tip: Lower Mesh = More ink, less detail - Higher Mesh = More detail, less ink
- 110 Mesh - Most common mesh count for printing with white plastisol ink. Not recommended for water base inks.
- 160 Mesh - Our most popular mesh count. Works well with a wide variety of ink types and substrates.
- 230 Mesh - Most commonly used for high detail artwork. Also great for printing with water based inks on wood or paper.
Still not sure which mesh count to choose? View tips on
choosing the right mesh count.
- When/Where do I upload my artwork?
After you add
your screens of choice to your cart and check out, you will be directed
to an order confirmation page with an artwork uploader. Upload your
artwork file/s to this form, put your Order # in the specified field, and add any specifications you'd like us to know about.
- How should I format my artwork?
Please refer to our artwork requirements found here.
- How large can my image be?
Our 18"x20" screens have a max "Image Area" of 10"x12". This is the total space available for your artwork to fit in to,
and should be the canvas size of the artwork you upload with your order.
- Can I fit multiple images on my screen?
Absolutely! You can place
as many images as you want in the allotted "Image Area" for your screen size. Just
keep in mind that the more images you have burned on the screen, the
more taping you will have to do and the more difficult it will be to
- Why is the image area much smaller than the screen?
The screen dimensions include the actual frame, which consists of
1.5" walls. This means an 18"x20" screen actually has a 15"x17" inner dimension. Your image should be at least 2.5" away from these inner walls of the frame to allow room for your squeegee, ink, and areas of mesh that are too taught, which brings the max printable area of an 18"x20" screen down to 10"x12". These same basic principles apply to all other screen frame sizes.
- How long will the image on my screen last?
as the screen is used and cared for properly, the burned image should
withstand thousands of prints. Use screen chemicals sparingly, keep mesh
away from sharp objects, don't scrub screen with extremely rough
- How long will it take for my kit to ship?
Orders placed before 4pm (PST) are ready to ship within 2 business days, as long as the print ready artwork is also received by 4pm.